• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Another long photo shoot posted by wmfielding

6 posts in this topic

• Member: Seasoned Veteran

why did I allow this easy task to get so far behind?

Good afternoon my fellow collectors,

After looking at the large pile of slabs that needed to be imaged, I broke out the camera and my lightbox and started taking photo's. I always take 3 photo's of each so when I run them through photoshop, I know I'll get at least one good photo. I was about 165 slabs behind so this took awhile to just get the photos. I'll wait until after dinner to photoshop them that way I'm fresh and my mind is a little clearer. so my photos should be back to 99 % by tommorrow.

The morale of this ramble is dont let yourself get this far behind. and if you do set aside a full day behind the camera....

Happy collecting and God bless you all....Mike

12933.JPG

See more journals by wmfielding

What setup do you use for your photos? I'm currently limited to my iPad camera and natural light from a window but I'm planning to upgrade to a decent camera soon.

Mike,

When you are through listing all your photos you can catch up mine too!!!

I have slacked off. Charged the camera battery last weekend but got caught up in something else.

Later----Rick

What setup do you use for your photos? I'm currently limited to my iPad camera and natural light from a window but I'm planning to upgrade to a decent camera soon.
Read this thread, along with many others that you can search for in that section of the message boards.

I use a Nikon D3000 with a 50 to 200 zoom lens and a kodak lightbox and 2 small flashes from my home studio. It works fine but I do have to do alot of work in photoshop to get them looking anywhere near a good photo.

I can photograph people, pets and landscapes with the best of them. but coins kick my butt. but the more I do it the better I get.

Happy collecting and God bless

I use a self focusing, self adjusting Kodak 7.1 mp Easy Share. I just use the macro setting, tape a piece of white paper over the flash (to diffuse the light), have overhead fluorescent light and zoom in a small amount.

Usually 3 shots per side and I have a good image to work with\. Then I crop and re-size it to 9" and save and post and done. It now takes me minutes for most coins to be done. It usually takes me longer to get motivated to get everything out than it does to shoot, edit and post.

But I will say, photographing slabbed coin is one of the most difficult things to master photographically!

I have been a photographer since I was 8 years old. Could have gone pro, but the money is much harder to make than as a software test engineer.