• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Southern Gold Type Set

6 posts in this topic

This probably isn't the correct forum for this, but I've posted here a lot and value your opinions!

I'm working on building a small "virtual" Southern Gold type set using images of my own coins. This particular type set will consist of the following (4) coins:

SG_Type_Set_1.jpg

I am looking for suggestions about the orientation of the coins. I've provided the image above as a starting point. For presentation purposes how does that orientation work? How would you change it? Would you make the coins larger? (Note that they are scaled to the correct sizes, relative to each denomination.)

I still have color correction work and a few other details to perform on the individual coins. This thread is mostly about the coin orientation, but other suggestions are welcomed.

Thanks in advance for your opinions!

Keep the sizes to scale for sure. I'd try all 4 in a horizontal line or try the $5 piece on the top with the 3 $2.50 pieces at a shallower angle around/beneath it. Beautiful set!

That's better, but still a lot of wasted space where you could show more coin. Also the 1838 C needs a better crop job.

I agree, and the 1839 O looks like it is cropped too much and whatever you did to eliminate the NGC prongs on the 1839 D makes the coin look like it has some issues going on in those areas. But 100% better then i could do so good job.

Nick