• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

How long have buyer's premiums for coins bought at auctions been 17.5%?

8 posts in this topic

I'm surprised Anaconda didn't know when the transition went to 15%...it was probably the mid-90s. The 17% thing was last year....

jom

I actually never purchased many coins through auctions.

I always thought the best way to bury your clients in a coin would be to buy coins at auction (where you were always the guy in the room who paid more than anyone else) and them mark them up even higher and them pass them onto a client.

And, of course, you would need to let them know before they bought the coin, that you had gotton it at an auction because if they found out on their own that wouldn't make them feel too proud...."yeah, I didn't get it for $X when it was offered in the So and So auction, I waited to get it from ARC after he marked it up another 15%."

Plus, auctions are too much work.

I don't want to get to heaven, and have to answer the question of "how did you spend your life?" and have to answer, "Well, I spent 15,421 hours of it in coin auction rooms all over the country, sitting there bored out of my mind and just thinking about being somewhere else.

Plus, auctions are too much work. I've seen one regular we all know, sitting in the front row for hours and hours with her paddle looking really, really tired (and eating a cheeseburger).

okay idc who you are that's hilarious (thumbs u