• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Just a quick question posted by wmfielding

3 posts in this topic

• Member: Seasoned Veteran

2012 Graded coins

Hello to all my fellow collectors,

I have what I think is a very simply question. Does anyone know when the 2012 coins will be priced? I have about 50 coins dated 2012 that say No Price, and since I'm new to collecting I was just wondering. Any polite responces would be of great help.

Happy collecting and please remember any day you wake up and see the green side of the grass is a great day.....Mike

See more journals by wmfielding

Hi Mike,

I believe you are talking about the "Price Guide Value" that NGC provides in the listing of your registered coins. That value is provided by NumisMedia. They use results from various auctions houses and other venues to get values on coins. They usually require a base of amount of transactions/sales of coins so they can get some sort of average value for a particular coin but I am not to sure on the specifics of the process they use.

So if there few transactions on some coins, it could be awhile before a value is posted. Check out their website...I believe they post there before it gets to NGC.

NumisMedia

I hope that helps

Jeffrey

Good answer Jeffrey!!

Same answer stands for top pops as they rarely make it to auction houses so there is no sales prices or not enough to base values on.

Mike, you could check the percentages of the coins in reference -- PF69/PF70 = 4 to 1 and go back a year or two and get close to a value. That may help if you are looking for a bid price. Of course depending on future submissions the numbers could very well change.

I haven't sent mine in yet!!! :)

Rick