• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

key date coins FSH pics this time

23 posts in this topic

Price for Morgan is 5000 37D 3 legged is 875. Surprised by lack of interest in key date coins. Not in a rush to sell these. Maybe I will hang on to them for 15 or 20 years and see what happens to prices. History seems to be on my side there.

I'm not in the market, but for coins of this value, one would really want better pictures. The pictures of the Morgan show a coin that has been severely polished. I know that you state the coin isn't shiny in hand, but the pictures tell a different story.

I wouldnt call it a "lack of interest". Keep in mind two things:

The FUN just ended and our pockets are empty.

5K is rough for some folks.

Straight on (no angles) with a camera set on macro, no flash but external lighting from a couple angles, if you can use OTT lights.Or use natural sunlight but take pictures straight on instead of at angles and macro lets you get the focus at close range.

tried to take these with an I phone camera. Anyone have any special tips on how to better photograph coins?
For the price you're asking, you need to get better pictures. There are plenty of photographers here who can capture excellent pictures for you for minimal cost compared to what you are asking for your coin.

I think I possibly could improve on my images but the thing that surprises me a bit is that these are graded coins and the pics, although poor showed enough of the coins detail to show that there were no scratches, gouges, etc. If I was asking way more than the retail price in the guides I can see why pics would have to show special features of coin like superior eye appeal. My asking prices were below some of the recent auction prices realized for these coins. Yes the FUN show probably drained some wallets lately. Also if I was selling raw coins I could see pics having more weight as well.

JWC: it is also possible that you are new here. 5K is a lot to fork out for coins, even key date / error coins when people don't know you very well or at all.

Very good point. I bought the coin maybe a year and a half ago with the intent on holding on to it for 15 or 20 years and reselling it than. Thought it might be a better investment than a savings bond. Lately I have been collecting mostly pennies and the dollar and nickel do not fit that bill. Might trade them or hang onto them like the first idea if nobody is interested. 5K seems the going rate for that coin in that grade though. Jerry

You could take pictures of the coin with the full details written on the slab and post that here, too. Then we'll see if there are any remarks from NGC.

I wouldn't want to send someone $5000 without knowing if they've had any positive transactions here before or not, too. If you have had dealings with a number of boardies here, it would be in your favour to post their names in the first post of your selling thread.

Andy 2c

I understand people being cautious about being cheated. Yes I am fairly new on this board. The only transaction I have had on this board was buying a coin from Michael who goes by vumc409 I believe. Very nice gentleman. My lousy pics were from trying to get some detail of the coin. I would never try to cheat anyone by misrepresenting the item I was selling. I can post a pic of the slab to show I am honest. Jerry