• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Congratulations and Thank You posted by hunter's gold

1 post in this topic

• Member: Seasoned Veteran

Humbled to be honored

Hi Everyone. First off let me take a moment to thank all of the award winners this year. As I see the various post for congrats I take the time to view the mentioned sets and wow do we as a society have some amazing and varied collections. Some of the coins in these collections are just absolutely astonishing. Everyone of you should be proud of your accomplishments. I am myself humbled to have been recognized for 3 of my Lincoln 1959-date business strike sets. I started my quest to put together the best set I could possibly afford in 2007. I sold off a lot of raw and slabbed coins to include a short set of 34-58 NGC graded wheaties minus the 55DDO. I made that decision to pursue a set that I enjoyed and one that would be competitive. For along time Jack Ackerman held the top slots in the sets I was pursuing and I was not sure if I could put together a set that would surpass his. I was able to put together some sets last year and again this year that were recognized at the top. This past year was mostly filling in some blanks and replacing some PCGS coins with the same grade in NGC coins. Also this year most of us Lincoln Memorial business strike collectors benefited from registry points upgrades. I tried to take as many pictures as I was able to of my coins this year and did ok. Was able to put a brief description of all of the coins and need to work on both pictures and descriptions this year. I will be adding a NGC MS67RD 1961 Lincoln Memorial too my set soon. I want to recognize some of my fellow Lincoln collectors and when you get a chance take a look at their sets. Check out dcq Arareity 1 set and VUMC409 vumc409 Lincoln Modern MS#1 set. You should also check out Robert Baker Trust Trust All Cents which is just a phenomenal 1793-Date Cents Complete Circulation Issue. These collectors with a lot of others on here inspire me. I will leave you with a picture of the coin that put me over the top in 2011 and kept me there this year. It is my NGC MS68RD 1983 DDR. Again, congratulations too all of you this year and as always thanks for looking and Happy Collecting

12884.jpg

See more journals by hunter's gold