• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

1839-C

6 posts in this topic

AU50 and likely in a problem-free holder. I think the cleaning would be viewed as market acceptable on a Charlotte G$5 piece. It might have been netted down to 45 for it though.

AU50 and likely in a problem-free holder. I think the cleaning would be viewed as market acceptable on a Charlotte G$5 piece. It might have been netted down to 45 for it though.

This. I don't think the coin should be in a problem free holder, but I have seen lightly cleaned southern gold coins in problem free holders in the past.

It is probably in an AU-53, but I'd give it an AU-50. The piece has been lightly cleaned, but this is the Charlotte mint, and the graders cut those coins some breaks. I have a $5 Charlotte coin that has been cleaned that I probably should not have bought it, but it's mine.

Here it is.

PCGS called this on an AU-58.

1842-C5O.jpg1842-C5R.jpg