• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

1854-S

7 posts in this topic

The sharpness grade is EF, but the piece has been cleaned and would end up in a "genuine" or net grade holder. This was not an an AU coin before someone cleaned it and hairlined the surfaces.

First off, I will say that I like this coin. But there are a few marks that would lead me to another that is comparable because of the very old gouges in the cheek and left field of the obverse, both high and toward the middle of the coin. That being said, I like it at net EF40.

The sharpness grade is EF, but the piece has been cleaned and would end up in a "genuine" or net grade holder. This was not an an AU coin before someone cleaned it and hairlined the surfaces.

Bill--what would this approximately "net grade" to?

Bill--what would this approximately "net grade" to?

I would net grade it to VF-20.