• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Franklin Mint Proof Set by CaptBrian1

4 posts in this topic

The Franklin Mint produced these sets from 1975 through 1982. The 1975 set is the most common. These sets were not always properly stored and there is often a white haze on the silver coins. The 5 Sentimos coin is also often discolored. From your picture though, all of your coins look pretty good.

It appears that you have the metal case, but there was also a COA, a description sheet and another information sheet as well as a white paper sleeve to protect the case. If you have all of the components, it does add a little bit to the overall value.

In addition to the proof sets, The Franklin Mint also produced "Brilliant Uncirculated Specimen Sets" which look very similar, but are much rarer than the proof sets. They were not sold in a metal case but rather in a vinyl holder that reacted very badly with most of the coins, particularly the large silver coins and the 5 Sentimos which is often seen badly corroded. Pristine Brilliant Uncirculated Specimen Sets are actually quite rare.

Thanks a lot, I have had this set for many years and it is in pristine shape, along with all the packing, COA etc. The metal box is also perfect, even the sleeve it came in.

Thanks for your input. It will be available for sale at the coin show in Orlando this week through Sunday.

Again thanks for the input.

Capt. Brian

Hi.

My name is Regina and I collect rare English stamps.

My boss give me a set of Brilliant Uncirculated Specimen 1976 Philippines Coins and I don't know how to care for them. For what I read they're rare in pristine condition. Can someone tell me please how much they are worth?

glTKfLi.jpg?2

QvC9ukC.jpg?2

lSX1WrU.jpg?1

Thank you.

Regina