• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

1936 Norfolk Bicentennial Half Dollar

9 posts in this topic

A new addition to my commemorative set. I recently acquired this nicely toned Norfolk from Mark Feld. There are certain coins out there that just catch your eye when you see them. This was one of them for me. I generally try to stick with PCGS & CAC but in this case the holder did not matter. Let me know what you guys think and share pics of your Norfolk Half if you have one.

8354308119_df05dea09f_b.jpg

Thanks

BD

Looks like a very attractive coin. How is the luster on this? With the textured fields on the obverse, is the character of the luster different from normal coins? How does the strike on this one compare to the average strike. It seems like there is some weakness in the sails, but I don't know if that is typical. I don't know a whole lot about these, so any education is welcome.

Looks like a nice example.

Congrat's!

(thumbs u

The Norfolk was going to be a Medal but the Norfolk Advertising Board, Inc. fought hard and got their coin.

This is also the only early commemorative with five different dates on it.

Used to own this example which was one of my first purchases from Mark many, many, moons ago:

1936obvA.jpg

....one of my favorite coins that I hope to own someday. GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u