• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

1832 CBH

3 posts in this topic

Here's another.....I really like this one but it has some problems on the reverse. I've seen this wear or whatever it is on 1931 and 1833 also.....same region of motto. This is the first coin I bought when I got back into collecting....I couldn't believe something so cool was only 75 bucks.Thanks.....GOD BLESS....

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

101_0848.jpg

101_0849.jpg

The white balance in the photo is off so it is hard to say how much the surfaces have been altered by cleaning. I don't see the scratch that Coinman sees, but I don't think that that this piece is worth EF money. Sharpness wise I'd grade it VF-35 with issues concerning originality.

The weaknesses on "STATES" and the motto are dur to the strike (opposite the bust on the obverse) and do not lower the grade. The dark spot that runs through the eagle's head and neck are probably impurities in the planchet. They lower the eye appeal but not the technical grade.