• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

2011 W Silver Eagles - Proof posted by O'Rourke Collection

2 posts in this topic

• Member: Seasoned Veteran

It doesn't register.

I recently purchased a 2011 W Proof 70 Ultra Cameo. I was able to place the coin in my competitive Silver Eagles Proof Category, however, even though the labeling shows it as a 25th anniversary coin, I can't get it to go into the competitive coin slot for the 25th Anniversary catergory. I have but of collectin for a while. Is there something I am missing. The coin does validate for NGC Authenticity. HELP! and thanks.

See more journals by O'Rourke Collection

O'Rourke,

The 2011W proof you purchased as a Early Release was not from a 25th Aniv. set. It was made separately at a earlier time and is not eligible to be listed as a 25th Anniversary set piece. I have also had others that had the same problem when purchasing a 25th Anniversary piece. If the slab does not say 25th Anniversary Set then it will not fit. So remember that the word "Set" is important when you purchase a replacement for the one you have.

There were so many different type of slabs that year that it is easy to purchase the wrong one.

Later---Rick