• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

1857 braided hair

3 posts in this topic

This coin is for sale on ebay. Looks like EF details to me with dent near liberty and a little environmental damage but not bad. small date variety. How much would value of coin be lowered by these small issues in your opinions. Thanks Jerry http://www.ebay.com/itm/170968973141?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1438.l2648

The 1857 large cent is a better date, but high grade examples among those that are available are not unusual. It might be the photo, but the surfaces on this piece look grainy as if the coin was coroded and then stripped of its original surfaces and re-colored. The color looks to be artifical to me.

I'd look for a piece without these problems. They are out threre, and the $60 or $70 you might save by buying this one would be a falue economy IMO.