• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

carson city uncirculated on ebay no reserve

17 posts in this topic

I'd recommend a much larger obverse image and one that shows the reverse, as well.

And in the future, at least for items in that price range, you might want to charge less (or nothing) for shipping and ship via a less expensive way than priority. Sadly, these days, many bidders get turned off by shipping fees, even reasonable ones. Good luck.

Since this is a GSA Morgan, lots of collectors also expect the original government packaging (box and COA). Better photos are a must, obverse and reverse. Condition makes a huge difference in the value of these coins - even though they are all "uncirculated", the strike quality, bag marks and surface reflectivity can be the difference between a $200 coin and a $1000 coin. If the photos don't clearly show the condition, expect bids on the low end of the range.

Thanks-I had trouble with the scans or they would have been better I didn't realize the price range could be so great figured they were all in the nm range and of similar value should have known better will try to fix that first thing tomorrow.

The new reverse images are fuzzy and need white balance corrections. Unfortunately, they will more likely hurt, rather than help your sale.

I agree that the photos are fuzzy but it looks like 1883 to me. There is a toning spot that makes it look a bit like a six. Sharper photos would be a big help.

I agree that the photos are fuzzy but it looks like 1883 to me. There is a toning spot that makes it look a bit like a six. Sharper photos would be a big help.

I believe that you are correct about the date. I will edit my above post and I apologize.

The new reverse images are fuzzy and need white balance corrections. Unfortunately, they will more likely hurt, rather than help your sale.

thanks! i added two new images by the light of day while still not great they have a better zoom are clearer and show the coin has no toning.

thanks for your help guys. I'm thinking this auction came in pretty low but that was probably affected by how long it took me to get it right with the photos. Hopefully i will do better next time. Perhaps i will post my coins in general to get a better idea what kind of interest they generate. Probably need to have some of my coins graded as i have some other nice older coins.

The title of the listing should have included "CC" and not just Carson City. CC is a popular search on eBay. While it came in a little low, when you factor in shipping it was close to where I would have expected it to finish.

The title of the listing should have included "CC" and not just Carson City. CC is a popular search on eBay. While it came in a little low, when you factor in shipping it was close to where I would have expected it to finish.

(thumbs u noted-thanks