• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Photo's

11 posts in this topic

Looks to me like you're only using one light. Use two, and you are at the wrong angle when you are directing the light. The first looks like 12 o'clock, the second from 3 o'clock. Try two lights and somewhere approximately 10 and 2 o'clock for the two lights.

Looks to me like you're only using one light. Use two, and you are at the wrong angle when you are directing the light. The first looks like 12 o'clock, the second from 3 o'clock. Try two lights and somewhere approximately 10 and 2 o'clock for the two lights.

It's kinda freaky that you can do that!

lol I've taken a lot of coin photos.... and I mean a lot! And I didn't have anyone to give me feedback. Started before I discovered these message boards. They would have saved me many many hours and tons of wasted digital space!

Try to shoot a big coin first. Like Morgan dollar. It will be more easy to get enough light on a coin. I don't know what equipment you are using, but dimes is hard to shoot even with the good lens. Use tripod and self timer.

Try to shoot a big coin first. Like Morgan dollar. It will be more easy to get enough light on a coin. I don't know what equipment you are using, but dimes is hard to shoot even with the good lens. Use tripod and self timer.

for the most part, I'm using tripod and timer, unfortunately, it's a p&s kodak and I think I need to understand the settings more. Thanks for your help