• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

does this WLH have a DDO or Strike doubling?

4 posts in this topic

I meant to post this yesterday but I got sidetracked watching Doomsday Preppers. :grin: Its a great show. I get to say to myself.."well, Thank god I am not THAT crazy. :ohnoez:"

I got this coin, a 1943-S WLH as a Christmas (can I say that here?) gift.

I now have it on eBay

I know that there are several DDO varieties for this date, but I would really appreciate any expert thoughts on the coin.

Ebay listing

YES the coin is on eBay, NO I am not using this tread to market the coin so please don't tell me that I need to post in the BST forums.

Thanks

Dave

Oddly, I think it shows both. There appears to be a minor doubled-die as can usually be told by "notched" letters, but other imaging seems to depict some shelf doubling as well.

Thanks James.

I spent about 30 minutes using my Digicam and looking in the Cherry Pickers guide and exploring the die varieties and errors in my Walking Liberty Half dollar error book.

One thing on the reverse of her was the mint mark. The "S" looked off to me. The bottom serif was thinner and shorter than the top one and there looked like there is some marks on the ouside curve of it.

Dave