• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Getting a Coin into my Registry Set

5 posts in this topic

I bought a PCGS graded coin on eBay last year. I just recently joined NGC and started adding coins to my registry. One of my coins was rejected on the claim that it is listed as being in someone else's collection. How can this be cleared up? I have the coin in my possession so why does someone else get to list it as part of their set?

• Administrator

Hi Scroll,

This is a fairly common situation. Coins change hands from one collector to another, and the coin is often deleted from the original owner's SET, but not removed from their "registered coins" list.

When this happens, that coin is automatically put into a queue for an admin to review it. The admin will contact the original owner to verify that they no longer own the coin, and once that's been established the coin is placed by the admin into your set. You will be notified via email when the issue is resolved and how it was resolved.

Regards,

Arch

• Administrator

Yes, the NGC Certified Registry allows both NGC and PCGS coins in order to provide a more open environment for people to display their collections.

That is really amazing 893whatthe.gif893whatthe.gif

I have been passing on a lot of nice coins, because I wanted to be able to build a nice registry set.

I will still predominately buy PCGS, but if I see an NGC coin I like, it's awsome to know that it can be included.

Kudos to NGC 893applaud-thumb.gif