• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

2012 goals met by John M. Robinson II

5 posts in this topic

• Member: Seasoned Veteran

Hard to believe but, I stuck with it.

I started my coin collection, from scratch, in November 2011. I did not know what I would actually collect but, after reading many of the comments on this site, doing what I like and what I could offered were the main guidance from the various people who read this Newbie comments.

I finally decided to focus, as a primary collection, my attention on NGC PF70 Sacawawea and President dollar coins. Along with other coins that I purchased--because they drew my attention--my collection was increasing by each month throughout 2012.

As of December 24th, I now have a number 1 set of the Sacawawea and another number 1 set of President dollar coins. Both are NGC PF70 sets. Throughout 2012, I read various articles and debates on either/or PCGS versis NGC. Bottom line: pick the coin, not the slab and pick the TPG that you feel most comfortable. IMHO, I picked NGC.

My final raw coin for 2012, that was just graded by NGC is the--shinny penny-- that my mother received last November in pocket change. The 1999 Lincoln Cent was graded as: MS64 RD. Not too bad for pocket change. For those who wondered, I sent the coin first to NCS to be properly cleaned, then on to NGC.

To all of my friends on this site, Happy New Years and I hope 2013 brings you some fun during your adventures in life and coin collecting.

Semper Fi !

Jack

See more journals by John M. Robinson II

Hey Jack great job !!! You have really come a long way in a short time my friend. Never underestimate the determination of a fellow vet !

Great wishes for another successful year in 2013

Go Army

Mike