• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

44s eBay image opinions

4 posts in this topic

I bought it and have it in hand (BTW, I already have a great 44s with a super strike for an "S" mint in a PCGS 65 holder from DLRC, but I just had to see this one with my own peepers for some reason, I also have a 14 day return on'er).

I would like some grade opinions using the sellers images, I will let everyone know my own in hand observation after some of your opinions.

Thanks as always,

Ray

Based solely on those pictures, I'm wagering 65. However, I'm concerned about the wispy marks on the reverse - they could be staple scratches, or they could just be regular contact marks. Hard to tell from here.

Based solely on those pictures, I'm wagering 65. However, I'm concerned about the wispy marks on the reverse - they could be staple scratches, or they could just be regular contact marks. Hard to tell from here.

That was my major concern (looked like "cabinet friction" to me) but it turned out not to be. Coin has blazing luster but you be hard pressed to tell from the images.

There is a "dent" on Liberty's right wrist (hint!), not a gouge and not that major, but it's definetly there.