• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Post your favorite < $50 coin purchase from 2012.

15 posts in this topic

One of the things I really like about numismatics is that you don't need big bucks to have a lot of fun purchasing coins. Some of my favorite purchases are ones that are quite inexpensive. Post your favorite coin or two that you purchased in 2012 for less than $50. Here's mine. It cost me a whopping $3.50. My best guess is that it is Dansco album toning.

sc1971WApr.jpg

sc1971WAprRev.jpg

sc1971WA2pr.jpg

sc1971WA2prRev.jpg

Is that a strange reflection on the mintmark?
If you are implying by that question that there may be an RPM, then no. It is a bit of glare from the reflective fields, angle of basin, and the way the light is catching the die polish.

This one actually just came yesterday. I'm pretty sure it is my only <$50 purchase of the year, also. Quite pleased about it - and it makes a great addition to my set.

IMG_9826_zpsdc937358.jpg

The ultra rare 1 1/2 steps variety. ;)

This one actually just came yesterday. I'm pretty sure it is my only <$50 purchase of the year, also. Quite pleased about it - and it makes a great addition to my set.

The ultra rare 1 1/2 steps variety. ;)

You are being generous. I don't think there's even 1 step there.

.....now this is my kind of thread....although my comfort zone is probably 80 bucks. Unfortunately, most of what I like is much, much more. I'm as noob as you can get....and I had always wanting to see what a real nice Buffalo or Mercury looked like.....and those are about all I can get in grade for less than 50. GOD BLESS....

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

MERC42-D.jpg

MERC42-Dr.jpg

SEATEDLIBERTY1857.jpg

COIN3.jpg

COIN2.jpg