• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

A Circulated Trifecta

4 posts in this topic

Dime - VF-35 to EF-40 range.

Half Dollar - The color is odd in the photo, but assumming it is natural EF-45 if no luster is present to AU-55 if the coin has a lot of luster between the letters. The picture tells me nothing about luster is necessary for the AU grade, even with this level of sharpness.

Quarter Eagle - VF-20

This is a nice, interesting group of coins. :acclaim:

The half dollar does have a somewhat odd color in hand. Perhaps a little less odd than what the photo depicts. It has definitely been cleaned and perhaps some very minute tooling has been done to clean off some old gunk in a couple of places. I believe the obverse shows XF-45+ details and the reverse AU-50+ details. I wish it were problem-free.

I really like this trio as they represent the first-year of issue at New Orleans for each of the respective denominations (if you exclude the extremely rare 20-mint count of the 1838-C half).

Interestingly enough, multiply the dime by five and you get fifty cents. Multiply the half dollar by five and you get two and one-half dollars. ;)

Dime - VF-35 to EF-40 range.

Half Dollar - The color is odd in the photo, but assumming it is natural EF-45 if no luster is present to AU-55 if the coin has a lot of luster between the letters. The picture tells me nothing about luster is necessary for the AU grade, even with this level of sharpness.

Quarter Eagle - VF-20

This is a nice, interesting group of coins. :acclaim:

My thoughts were XF, AU, VF. I think luster on the middle coin will swing from 50 to 55 or so depending on how it looks in hand.

Nice.