• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

New Orleans Denomination Type Set

1 post in this topic

Would it be possible to create a competitive New Orleans one per denomination set much like that of Carson City. I recognize that Carson City has a special appeal to collectors but I think New Orleans might also appealed to a broad range of collectors. Also collecting a one per denomination for New Orleans will be relatively challenging specifically based on the $3 and $20 gold pieces. I don't know the expense and creating a competitive set but I do think that this would be a winner.

New Orleans has a number of unique coins such as the $0.03 silver, the "No Stars" 1838 half dime and 1838 dime, the 1839 half dollar "O" mint mark obverse, the $3 gold and finally the $20 gold piece. (Of all the different mints the New Orleans mint is probably the most challenging $20 gold piece to find).

As I said I think that this that would be popular and as a result a win-win proposition.

JTO