• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

NGC Coin Details - Slick Smartphone App posted by DrDarryl

3 posts in this topic

• Member: Seasoned Veteran

Fun with my smartphone ... Even scans a laptop screen image

The "NGC Coin Details" app is a wonderful certification verification tool (used on Samsung GALAXY S III). The bar code scanner is terrific (saves time from manually typing in the lengthy NGC certification number).

I checked out many of my NGC encapsulated coins in my collection today and was very impressed. Most did not show an image but did verify its certification.

On a whim I scanned the bar code of a coin from my laptop screen. It worked!

The result is in the picture below. One can also zoom in on the either the obverse or reverse for a closer inspection of the coin. It seems an image will only be shown if the coin's owner requested an image during the coin's certification process.

For my "release ceremony" coin, I did order images and it did appear via the app.

The app also stores a history of the coins that was scanned. It also provides features found at the full NGC website (coin specifics, varieties, price guide and auctions).

I now have a smartphone tool to verify NGC certified coins displayed on my computer screen or while holding the coin in my hand.

My "NGC Coin Details App" rating:

5 out of 5 stars

12688.jpg

See more journals by DrDarryl

I agree 100% with you. I have noticed, however, that the NGC FMF of the certified coins often are not posted. This is a vital aspect of this app., especially in regards doing a bid with an on-line auction site. Overall, I rate this app extremely high.

Great for Ebay and other internet sites.

Jack

I've found the same thing, that often prices are not available on the app and that is frustrating. It would also be helpful to be able to check registry points for a coin. Overall a great improvement over the first offering though, good app!