• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

submission holders

11 posts in this topic

I asked this questions before and didnt get a reply, so I am asking again. I have coins to submit for grading and confused about the holders that I have. These are AirTight holder that snaps to close. I try to reopen one and it is so difficult to open. Can I still submit these coins in these hard to open holders? will the be acceptable? They are non-pvc holders.

Thank you for answering. I dont have upright holders...thes are flat holder where both sides are snapped together and they are hard to take apart. They are called AirTight coin holders.: two sides that snap together....sigh it takes a lot of time for coin collecting. So many different confusing things out there....I thought I had the incorrect holder and I tried to remove the coins...you would think they are "stuck" together, that's how hard it is to remove the coins. these are non-pvc holders. I have a stack of cardboard holders and the only way the coin will stay in them is to staple them, but ngc dont want those...

I believe NGC will charge $1 per coin that has to be removed from Airtights or OGP. Its listed on their submission info page.

Not exactly!

If the AirTite is part of the original Mint packaging, NGC does not charge for removal. If the AirTites are an after-market purchase to house the coin, then NGC will charge for removal.

One of the easiest ways to open AirTites is to use an X-acto knife. With very slight pressure, insert the blade into the seam and then work it around the perimeter.

Chris

Thank you. It is so hard to digest all the material at one time...it takes a while to be able to do that. I think I will wait for my flips to arrive. It really takes time and patience and I can hardly wait to get to the stack of pennies that I have...

Air-tites usually have a little thumbnail notch somewhere on the edge to facilitate opening.

Every one that I have ever handled had one of these. I have never had problems opening these without the assistance of tools.

Air-tites usually have a little thumbnail notch somewhere on the edge to facilitate opening.

Every one that I have ever handled had one of these. I have never had problems opening these without the assistance of tools.

that makes 2 of us

You should try opening the "airtight" type holders that Australian coins are issued in sometime. They are a real pain in the arse. I guarantee you won't do it with a fingernail or thumbnail, and it will definitely require tools.