• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

1882CC Morgan quality

14 posts in this topic

Obverse has some light scratches.Show up very pronounced on left side in photo. Reverse looks very good. Posted photos from photobucket but not sure if they transferred,

Thanks for any comments.

Skeeter Photobucket

Thanks I need to work on this image transfers. The obverse is also on photobucket and I'll try to post it. If I can get it there a grade estimate would be appreciated.

Thanks, Skeeter

Thanks I need to work on this image transfers. The obverse is also on photobucket and I'll try to post it. If I can get it there a grade estimate would be appreciated.

Thanks, Skeeter

Without an obverse image, it is not feasible to estimate the grade of a coin. Both sides enter into the calculation; in fact, the obverse often weighs into the calculation more than the reverse. To insert images, use the following syntax:

URL where URL = uniform resource locator/web address to the image

Is this the obverse?

PC100001.jpg

If so, the coin looks approximately like a 62, unless the marks in the left obverse field are severe enough to result in a no-grade (due to obverse damage).

Yes the next photo is the obverse.Thanks for your input. Very much appreciated. As i mentioned the scratches are very slight depth but still show like the photo.Anyone else have any comments?

Skeeter

Bill Thanks for the input. I ended up with this coin with several others in a package. Should not be out too much with this one carrying a $100 price tag..Also paid $37.50 ea. for 78CC ( G?) 78S;79S & 80S. Also in the lot were 81O;83P;83P;and 97P. I think these are in the VG range and paid $25 each.

Any comments?

Skeeter.

Don't get too hung up on whether everybody else thinks you did ok, buy them for your enjoyment, everybody here has overpaid or made a purchasing mistake, Not that i'm saying you did, I don't know. Just buy what make you happy as long as it is disposable income. Do your research to avoid overpaying, but if you really want it who is to say you overpaid according to a guide book/