• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

if I wanted to do a show in Colorado, what would be the best choice?

8 posts in this topic

There or Denver. There's not much else. MSA population is a problem, too -- limits potential customers. Still, both are wonderful towns!

thr show in colorado springs in the early summer is usually in conjunction with the summer ana seminar courses and it is jumping and lively for a medium show some/many of the biggest names in coindum are there because of the summer seminar and so it is a great time to sell good to specialized coins and also get expert opinions from lots of the biggest names in coindum

my opinion

this is what i have been told by multiple summer ana participants that have attended or even set up at the show the last few years or so

:cloud9:

Do hippies buy coins?

If southern rednecks buy coins, I think hippies might also ;)lol

James, does your desire to go to Colorado have anything to do with the recent voting results? ;):headbang:(shrug)

Do hippies buy coins?

If southern rednecks buy coins, I think hippies might also ;)lol

James, does your desire to go to Colorado have anything to do with the recent voting results? ;):headbang:(shrug)

lol ! Nah, I am pretty much apolitical with regard to coins :angel: .

We are trying to enhance our show presence and would like to concentrate particularly on the midwest (or I guess Colorado is "mountain west"?).

thr show in colorado springs in the early summer is usually in conjunction with the summer ana seminar courses and it is jumping and lively for a medium show some/many of the biggest names in coindum are there because of the summer seminar and so it is a great time to sell good to specialized coins and also get expert opinions from lots of the biggest names in coindum

my opinion

this is what i have been told by multiple summer ana participants that have attended or even set up at the show the last few years or so

michael, thanks for the input.

Serious answer: I use this website to find upcoming shows.

http://www.numismaster.com/ta/inside_numis.jsp?page=CoinShowsCalendar&ThisWeek=1&@mc=1

Oh yeah, I had forgotten about that website! Duly bookmarked, and thank you Sir!

James - As a resident of the Mountain West, I agree with what others have said - Denver or Colorado Springs are the 'biggies' for coin shows in Colorado.

The Denver show(s) are held twice a year, in April and October (spring/fall) and generally has approximately 200 dealers (most are local and from surrounding states). The shows are generally pretty active, but a lot of the activity seems to be behind the tables dealer to dealer.

The Colorado Springs show is usually held over the 4th of July weekend, as that is the transition weekend between the 2 ANA summer seminar sessions. The crowd of those leaving from week 1 and those arriving for week 2 - thrown together with top-notch dealers and coin notables (who are the instructors at seminars) makes for a good show. At least I have had great success in some picking at this venue.

I hope you will be able to be at one of the shows this year. I look forward to meeting you - just let me know in advance which show you choose.

Andy