• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Post An Attractive...AT Coin

34 posts in this topic

This coin was deamed artificially toned by NGC (photo's by kryptonitecomics AKA Shane)

Nick

Consignments86147.jpg

Consignments86150.jpg

Man, that don't look AT to me.

Looks all-natural to me

OP

Thanks OP,

Here is the whole story. I bought this coin on ebay from a seller that sold slabbed NGC coins and every once in awhile they sold raw coins I followed them very closley and soon figured out the raw coins were all problem coins. I caught on real quick that they seemed to be cracking problem coins and I actually took a chance on one that ended up being lightly cleaned but still ungradable, I sent it back and decided not to buy raw coins from this seller. then this beauty came along and I just felt it was natural and really liked it so I bid on it and won it for a good price I felt (if memory serves correct it was around 65 bucks with shipping)

In hand it looked great, except a couple water type marks, I gave it an acetone bath and it looked slightly better so I just felt it would grade and sent it to NGC even tho I felt it had already been to NGC and details graded by the ebay seller.......well it came back artificially toned :( I then sent it to Shane to be photographed and to get a second opinion (Shane felt it was natural) I showed it to a few local dealers and all but one felt it was natural, so off to PCGS it went and now it happily resides in a problem free MS65 PCGS holder :)

Nick

Thanks OP,

Here is the whole story. I bought this coin on ebay from a seller that sold slabbed NGC coins and every once in awhile they sold raw coins I followed them very closley and soon figured out the raw coins were all problem coins. I caught on real quick that they seemed to be cracking problem coins and I actually took a chance on one that ended up being lightly cleaned but still ungradable, I sent it back and decided not to buy raw coins from this seller. then this beauty came along and I just felt it was natural and really liked it so I bid on it and won it for a good price I felt (if memory serves correct it was around 65 bucks with shipping)

In hand it looked great, except a couple water type marks, I gave it an acetone bath and it looked slightly better so I just felt it would grade and sent it to NGC even tho I felt it had already been to NGC and details graded by the ebay seller.......well it came back artificially toned :( I then sent it to Shane to be photographed and to get a second opinion (Shane felt it was natural) I showed it to a few local dealers and all but one felt it was natural, so off to PCGS it went and now it happily resides in a problem free MS65 PCGS holder :)

Nick

Great coin story! I think she's beautiful.