• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Pilgrim

3 posts in this topic

This is one of my favorite commemorative designs.....What grade would you give to this Pilgrim?

I'll re post this one tonight, I forgot to readjust my white balance in a late night photo session. When I looked at the post this morning I thought...that's not my coin!

Rookie mistake......I'll get there!

Very Nice pics of your Pilgrim Bill.

The details indicate Mint State, but the coin, as it appears in the photo, appears to have impaired luster. Assuming that the luster issues don't preclude a grade, I'll say MS-62 because of luster issue. Coins can lose luster when they dipped repeatedly or dipped improperly.

I'm not trying to hijack your thread, but here is a Pilgrim with full luster. NGC graded this very conservatively as an MS-63 in one of those "fatty holders." I think that it is a strong MS-64. Note the luster on both sides. If you piece is as bright as this one, you could add one or two points to my grade.

PilgrimO.jpgPilgrimR.jpg