• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Full Bands?

6 posts in this topic

Based on those pictures, PCGS would most likely say yes (they only require the horizontal bands to be split). PCGS uses the designation "Full Bands" or FB.

I require the vertical and horizontal lines to all be split, as does NGC. This designation is called Full Torch, abbreviated FT. It is widely considered to be more difficult to obtain, similar to the FBL designation. I cannot tell if your coin is FT based on those pictures.

I didn't know about the vertical ones, thanks for the info

Head on the verticles look weak, but if you rotate it they appear to be there

I should add its a 49-S and currently resides in a PCGS holder, MS67

Jason is absolutely correct on the NGC distinction between full torch ("FT"), which requires both the upper and lowers bands be complete in additional to the vertical lines, and PCGS full band ("FB") designation. I would definitely say no for the NGC FT designation and probably no to the FB designation from PCGS given what I perceive to be some weakness in the lower right bands.