• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Christmas is getting closer by the day posted by Six Mile Rick

11 posts in this topic

• Member: Seasoned Veteran

My wife has asked me what I want...

Friends,

I did finally get around to renewing my membership this week. I sent in a group of circulated state quarters for grading and hope NGC will have a Christmas gift or two when it returns. My wife asked me Monday what I would like as she knows nothing on numismatics for gifts. I will need to visit a few coin stores and see if I can find a few 1970 to 1980 circulated mint sets. I have quite a group but missing a few in that area to complete my 1965 to date collection. I hope all is going well with your sets!!

HAPPY COIN COLLECTING

See more journals by Six Mile Rick

I generally never hope for Christmas gifts that are coin related because that person would need to know exactly what I want for my collection and at what grade and certified by which company. That's a pretty tall bill there, maybe a few coin books will do. At any rate there's more to life than just coins! Merry Christmas Everyone!

Gary

I generally never hope for Christmas gifts that are coin related because that person would need to know exactly what I want for my collection and at what grade and certified by which company. That's a pretty tall bill there, maybe a few coin books will do. At any rate there's more to life than just coins! Merry Christmas Everyone!

Gary

Very True!! My wife simply asked me as she knows I enjoy the hobby. A few raw mint sets should be easy to find and I will get them when I run across them.

Later---Rick.

I pretty much buy the exact things I want and say here wrap them, no disappointment, and less stress on her for worrying about if it's right. She still gets a few things, but it goes pretty smooth.

I get the occasional OGP Silver Eagle for Xmas and I told the family not to buy graded coins, it's just to difficult for them. When in doubt they fall back on socks, I have a very impressive sock collection.