• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Early half pricing

10 posts in this topic

I just recently got into early half collecting and am on a quest for information. Does anyone know of a price guide for overton number varieties? Greysheet seems a little off kilter. Also any more reference books, websites and or literature, besides Donald l. Parsley's Early Half Dollar Die Varieties big book. Knowledge is king. Thanks a bunch.

The first place to go for Overton pricing is Dave Rutherford's site.

Bust Half Dollar Auction and Sales Results

You may also want to check out Steve Hermann's AMPBR. It is usually available from Sheridan Downey and other dealers specializing in bust material.

Sheridan's Coins

As for other books you might want, check out

Bust Half Fever by Edgar Souders. It's available at his site Bust Half Dollar.com

I suggest you buy the AMBPR and also become accustomed to folks refering to the Overton book instead of the way you have it written.

The AMBPR is good for rarer varieties. Heritage is good, but it may be difficult to find the right variety (or much of a history, especially for the rarer marriages that only sell infrequently). There really isn't a premium for anything less than R-4, so I just use the NGC value guide for those.

Overton and Souders are the two main references for this set. Early Half Dollars is one of my specialties.

DSC_2845.jpg

DSC_2843.jpg

Great! Whan does the half price sale begin?

Late again, Roger. This was "early half pricing".

I like Rutherford's site for variety pricing. Easy to navigate and updated online.

AMBPR (Auction & Mail Bid Prices Realized) is encyclopedic but it's a weighty, $30 hardcopy that is revised periodically.

Lance.

Also any more reference books, websites and or literature, besides Donald l. Parsley's Early Half Dollar Die Varieties big book.

If you can find a copy there's Peterson's Ultimate Guide to Attributing Bust Half Dollars