• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

HA Pickups...

7 posts in this topic

I think the $587 I paid for this coin was a decent deal. Thinking of putting together a set of these, and this is a tough coin.

Thanks for your thoughts.

Wow. It does look Better than a VF to me, and though not super-rare, it is a toughER date.

$587 is a very good price, hey it even melts for $415+

very nice!

When I collected (actually TRIED collecting...I was never too successful) these I never cared for lower circulated examples. They looked "dirty" to me due to the incuse design. This one is a good example....

HOWEVER, if you don't mind that then you got yourself a nice one. And...if you think 09-S is difficult try finding a decent 12-S. That and the 09-O are probably the worst made coins in the series. I'd also nominate the $5 Indian as the worst made series overall too....the only other series that gives it a run for the money are the branch mint Buffalos in the 20s.

jom

When I collected (actually TRIED collecting...I was never too successful) these I never cared for lower circulated examples. They looked "dirty" to me due to the incuse design. This one is a good example....

HOWEVER, if you don't mind that then you got yourself a nice one. And...if you think 09-S is difficult try finding a decent 12-S. That and the 09-O are probably the worst made coins in the series. I'd also nominate the $5 Indian as the worst made series overall too....the only other series that gives it a run for the money are the branch mint Buffalos in the 20s.

jom

Thanks...so should I come across a decent 09-O or 12-S I will be tempted to pull the trigger. Appreciate the heads up. When I put together a $2.50 Indian set, there were a few that were much tougher to find than the price trends suggested. So "insider" info is always good to have.