• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

1937-D 3 Legged Buffalo Nickel

9 posts in this topic

The basic grade is probably around AU-50, but the surfaces look a bit smooth and "civilized" for this variety. It's probably just the picture, but I'd check it out for a slight polishing when you get it.

Thanks everyone. I will wait until I have the coin in hand to reveal the grade. With regards to the coin, the seller's photography obviously has a lot to be desired on the piece, and I was thinking that it was the image and not the coin itself that had the shiny and/or potentially polished look. I know it is a risk, but hopefully once that is reasonably calculated. I hope I am right or I will return it. As soon as I have more information available, I will update the thread for anyone who is interested. I appreciate everyone's expertise and responses.

You were right and my interpretations of the images were wrong. The coin in hand does appear to be a polished AU piece. I knew from the photos that ICG's mint state grade was optimistic, but I was hoping that it would be problem free. I am in the process of returning the piece. Thank you all for your help.