• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

How addicting is this hobby

5 posts in this topic

I really miss adding to my collections

Greetings, all my friends;

Have been away from the Journal board here too long or so it seems. As most know I have been a busy little beaver setting up my store on E-Bay and selling, selling, selling. Well, I now have to admit, I miss adding, adding, adding. I haven't added a coin to any of my collections in what seems like 6 months and

I MISS IT !!!! How addicting is this hobby of ours! I do have a number of coins ready to be graded but haven't just gone and purchased a graded coin in a long time. I wonder if others get the bug like this as well ?

Hope everyone enjoyed their Thanksgiving and as I am, looking forward to the upcoming Christmas season.

good wishes in finding your next treasured coin

Mike

See more journals by moondoggy

I am new to it and managed to blow through $70K in less than two years time. Being 35, if I extrapolate this trend into the remainder of my life, I am due a guaranteed a$$-kicking from my wife in the very near term!

Regardless, its one of the few hobbies that may actually appreciate for us. The registry is addiciting for sure and I find that I hate not having a set at 100% and once I have sets closed out, I start thinking about what other set I can create to have fun picking. I guess thats how "sellers" are born...they begin to realize they have to many coins and must start to liquidate. Sounds like a foreshadowing of things to come....oh boy..what did I get into to!!!

With only 4 and a half days left before 2012 NGC Registry Awards Judging begins. I just purchase a coin that I needed for my set and I only can hope that it arrives fast. I procrastinated long enough that I had to buy it at a premium. Obsess yes!

sig.jpg

sig.jpg

sig.jpg

sig.jpg

sig.jpg