• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

2 French Indo China Piastre plz grade !!

4 posts in this topic

#1: MS-62 details, roughly cleaned. Color's off. I'm thinking that the thigh flatness is original, based on the lack of wear on other points that would seem high (breast, wrist, face and headband on obverse; ribbons and high points of leaves on reverse).

#2: MS-60. Tarnished with weaker eye appeal but unaltered and natural, probably dinged by handling rather than circulation. I'd wouldn't very often encourage dipping, and I don't in this case, but it looks to me like the kind of coin that people often dip.

just to let you know..

1926:on the picture it looks a bit cleaned but its not,its only very minor hairlines so not polished.

could be from the flash used to take the picture that it looks somehow polished/cleaned.

the 1928 has some "more" bagmarks on the reverse ,thats right.but if i compare to the last one sold at s&b MS62 it looks not far off.

http://stacksbowers.com/Auctions/AuctionLot.aspx?LotID=241316

THX