• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

I just added another piece of exonumia to my collection.

6 posts in this topic

I found another very nice medal to go along with the 1893 Columbian Expo medal that I posted about a little while back. This one is a 1915 Pan-Pac Expo gold medal awarded to the Eastside Beer co. for excellence of product. It is graded MS-65 by NGC.

548035-1915%20pan-pac%20eastside%20beer%20medal%20obv.jpg548038-1915%20pan-pac%20eastside%20beer%20medal%20rev.jpg

Although called a ‘gold’ medal, it is actually made from brass and is about the size of a half dollar. The surfaces are very clean, and basically mark free to the naked eye. There is some non-distracting light tan toning on both sides that seems to add ‘character’ to the piece IMO.

I feel that the medals awarded at the Columbian and Pan-Pac Expo’s fit right in with a early commem set because of the connection these medals have to the Columbian and Pan-Pac half dollars issued at the same time. I kind of wish that I could add these medals to my Registry set of early commems as a ‘display only’ entry just so I could share them with other collectors.

John

Very cool John! Superb additions. Perhaps if you get the CE and PanPac coins, you can enter the combined obvers/reverse of the coin in one photo slot, and the combined obv/rev of the medals in the second slot.

Hoot

Thanks for the comments guys. smile.gif

Hoot, I already have both of the Columbian and the Pan-Pac half dollars so your idea of combining the obverse & reverse images of the coins to free up the other image spot for the medals would work. Humm…. But what do I do if I get any of the other Expo medals? 893scratchchin-thumb.gifconfused.gifconfused-smiley-013.gif

Tom, its just one more piece for me to show you the next time we get together. grin.gif

John