• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

A couple of NEWP Walkers.

11 posts in this topic

Don't know much about, top one, AU58-MS62, not sure because I dont know if the breast feathers is wear or a soft strike, also, what is going on in the beak area?

Bottom one, EF45 Wear on the leg on the obverse and the In God We Trust is well worn, and the shawls edge looks worn off, on the reverse the breast feathers all the way down the left leg look worn.

Just my very uneducated try at this, don't hate me

I guess I was way off

The motto on the 2nd coin appears to be more weakly struck from an eroded die. It's the luster on that piece that leads us to think more along the lines of 53.

As for the first, it's a bit weakly struck on high points, but what you're seeing at the beak appears to be just a natural disturbance in the luster (at least to me).

I guess I was way off

The motto on the 2nd coin appears to be more weakly struck from an eroded die. It's the luster on that piece that leads us to think more along the lines of 53.

As for the first, it's a bit weakly struck on high points, but what you're seeing at the beak appears to be just a natural disturbance in the luster (at least to me).

Thanks for the explanation, on the first I was going by the difference in color on the breast feathers also.