• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

A new coin

10 posts in this topic

Been on my radar for a while

I was able to pick up a coin that has been on my radar for quite some time. Namely, Ireland released a silver 15 Euro coin in 2010 that pictures a mare and her foal. It was issued in a quantity of 15,000 pieces, and the image of the horse is a flashback to the Irish half crown from 1928 through the 1960s. It is quite a stunning coin in hand (I posted pictures below).

I was reflecting today on how much difference a year makes in the collecting world. Last year at this time I was finishing up the descriptions, pictures, and making the final touch-ups to my Horse Themed custom set. It was a set that was 69 coins strong at the time of the NGC Registry awards cut-off. One year later and the set is up to 146 coins, and the coming winter will make a perfect time for me to fully describe all of the set additions.

I have met many great people on this forum, and I am thankful to have such a place to share this great hobby of ours. As we go into the coming week, I wish you all a very wonderful Thanksgiving.

All the best,

-Brandon

12410.jpg

See more journals by The BRG Collection

Brandon, as always your horses are nothing less than spectacular! In the coming years you may outgrow NGC's maximum coin capacity! It is truly amazing how far you have come in the last year!

Happy Thanksgiving and all the best in the coming year!

Gary

Nice addition and images. Not to detract from the Horse theme but the Harp looks as though it's floating in space....I can almost hear music just looking at her!!!

Happy Thanksgiving to you as well and thanks again for sharing your experience/knowledge of coin photography.

Mike

I am a big fan of your Horse Themed custom set and check on it frequently to admire your growing herd. Truely one of the best custom sets in the registry. :banana::golfclap:^^:acclaim::applause: