• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

No Population ?

4 posts in this topic

I have a German NGC graded coin and when i Verify the number it comes up with the right coin but no photo and it says no population data.

It is obvioulsy an old slab.

When I try to look it up in the population report directly I cannot find the coin. Maybe I'm just looking the wrong place these German coins are confusing. So I assume its listed here I'm just not finding it.

Any suggestions on how to find the population on this coin? Should I just re-holder it with NGC or elsewhere?

Thanks in advance for any assistance. The image is attached below:

Tony

regensburg.jpg

This slab was issued long before they began photographing slabs for the online database.

It may be an issue with too few coins graded to justify a place on the reports, or it might have been missed. I would bring it to the attention of NGC to make sure it is counted.

It's ok with me if the population is one. That must be it because no other coins show up when you try to look it up in the census. So none of these coins were graded except this one apparently?

I will certainly contact NGC and have them look into it because I need to know the population to fairly value the coin I think. It woud be cool to have a coin with a total populatio of ONE.

Tony

There are many coins that are not included in the NGC world coin census. I own several myself.

On the population statistics, in most instances, they are meanigless for most world coins. The reason for this is that most non-US collectors DO NOT like their coins in slabs, though there is some indication that this is changing selectively since I see more of them in foreign auctions that in the past.