• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

This has nothing to do with a particular coin grade it has to do with all grades

4 posts in this topic

And the point ive tried to bring up to NGC and PCGS and when I brought it up at PCGS's Site I got banned for speaking my mind but apparently I am not the only one who feel's this way as you can see by a email I receieved when selling one of my coins Here is the email;

Hi. If your item doesn't sell I would be willing to give you 175.00 for it. I realize that you feel that this coin is under graded and it might just be. I myself had a pure red 1907 Indian without even a spot on it graded RB 64 by NGC. The grading business is very corrupt. Anyone that tells you different has blinders on. When a company not only grades your coins but also sets the value of them there is bound to be crooked stuff going on. Its all about money. If they rate too many nice coins high it drops the market prices and therefore the big shots that are greasing these peoples pockets to grade their coins higher will loose money. Peons like us will never get the grades because we are not benefiting them and would actually be hurting their business by doing so. That is why hell would freeze over before you would get a Red 65 grading. And those coins that they say are colored. Some maybe but that is also used to avoid grading a high rated coin.

And here is my response;

By the way loved the email,check out my ms 64 rb 1873 closed 3 I have listed and go look at Daivd Lawences ms 65 listed and tell me what you say isnt the truth!

While I think there is some rare instances of favoritism in the grading game and some manipulation in the very high grade modern coin market, I think that your real complaint is with inconsistency, not dishonest. I think that grading consistency in much more of a problem than any dishonesty.

While I think there is some rare instances of favoritism in the grading game and some manipulation in the very high grade modern coin market, I think that your real complaint is with inconsistency, not dishonest. I think that grading consistency in much more of a problem than any dishonesty.
i wonder if the words subjective and opinion can get tossed into that as well? it is agreed thou that it is a problem.