• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

1865 Two Cent -- GRADE POSTED

14 posts in this topic

63 BN though RB wouldn't shock me. Strike's a bit weak.

Are you kidding? hm The 1865 is one of the strongest struck dates of the series. Where do you see weakness?

I looked at many, many of these...and this is good if not above average in terms of details struck up. Not being negative toward your post, but I'm not seeing what you're seeing... (shrug)

I agree the coin is very well struck. Many are weakly struck even in the shield. I would say the coin has very nice luster in hand and the only reason I did not say 66 is the spotting seen on the obverse in a couple of areas. Great looking 2 cent.

Are you kidding? hm The 1865 is one of the strongest struck dates of the series. Where do you see weakness?

I looked at many, many of these...and this is good if not above average in terms of details struck up. Not being negative toward your post, but I'm not seeing what you're seeing... (shrug)

Ornaments at the top of the shield for one, second is the mushyness of some of the leaves. I know it was as struck, though I've seen 1865's sharper, as you mentioned.

Please don't get me wrong as criticizing the piece, but it doesn't look like a PQ (regardless of the grade) to my eye. JMHO.

Cheers.

Ornaments at the top of the shield for one, second is the mushyness of some of the leaves. I know it was as struck, though I've seen 1865's sharper, as you mentioned.

Please don't get me wrong as criticizing the piece, but it doesn't look like a PQ (regardless of the grade) to my eye. JMHO.

Cheers.

Maybe you're just used to seeing proof coins. (shrug)

Cheers.

Maybe you're just used to seeing proof coins. (shrug)

Very possible :sumo: