• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

New "Focus" posted by CBC

2 posts in this topic

• Member: Seasoned Veteran

Actually a new camera (iPad variety)

I have about run out of affordable upgrades in the Walking Liberty half series. The addition of '+' grades opened up a few possibilities, and I will add another 66+ as soon as it arrives, but there aren't many more upgrades in my budget.

I have one slot open in my NGC FBL Franklin set (the 1962-P in Ms-64). I have only seen one of these for sale in the past year and i was outbid on that one at the last second. So, it's time to start something new. I'll never complete the set, but for now I'm working on NGC MS-65 Morgan silver dollars.

There are at least 25 dates In the series that are available for $200 or less in MS-65. I have added a few already, including a MS-65PL and three others that look like PL but are not labeled as such. There are also a lot of Morgans with nice toning, something you don't see much of in the Walking Liberty or Franklin series (and when you do find one, the price is usually sky-high),

Here is an example of my newest series, taken with my newest toy, the iPad I got a couple of months ago. I need to play with the lighting some more but the results so far look better than I expected. This is the reverse side of my 1878-S.

12398.jpg

See more journals by CBC