• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Goodbye Hurricane Sandy - Hello Baltimore in 12 days posted by RichH

1 post in this topic

• Member: Seasoned Veteran

Goodbye Hurricane Sandy - Hello Baltimore in 12 days

Friends, this storm was the worst by far I can remember for New Jersey. The damage quite amazing up here in Sussex county ( the northern most county ) with power now still only restored to about half the population. Downed trees crashing through houses is a common sight. Thank goodness I had no major damage & a gas fireplace insert that kept the middle portion of my home warm. Next year I will be adding more outage backup, a LP gas stove to my 2nd fireplace to 1- increase heat in the house and 2 - be able to boil water for a hot tea or cook soup. Anyway, I am looking forward to the Baltimore show in 12 days. I will drive down very early Friday morning for an afternoon of coins before heading back on Saturday with a side trip to flyfish the Gunpowder River northwest of Baltimore for brown trout. I really love my combination of hobbies, coins and flyfishing, the learning never stops. Anyway, with the stom gone and power back, I only have to deal with gas rationing lines for a few days and then fully back to normalcy. Stay safe friends.

See more journals by RichH