• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Got my new JRJ and GJ issues today!

3 posts in this topic

In the JRJ, I immediately went to the article by one of our very own re Baley's O.115. No articles about ED's though.

In the GJ, I also went to an article by one of our own -- the one re Trade Dollars. I'm also eager to read the articles about the 1851-O and J-60 dollars.

For both and every other article, thumbsup2.gif.

EVP

• Member: Seasoned Veteran

I read the JRJ last night and the GJ today at lunchtime. Both were excellent, as usual, but I found the article on the 1807 O-115 particularly interesting. Obviously, I knew some of the background story behind its discovery and confirmation, but this article really filled in some of the details. Fortunately for me, my position with NGC puts me on the front lines when these new discoveries come up for certification. I get to take my own notes and update my reference books from the coins themselves.

NGC's VarietyPlus service appears to be the avenue of choice among serious variety collectors, judging by some of the important pieces that have come our way lately.

NGC's VarietyPlus service appears to be the avenue of choice among serious variety collectors, judging by some of the important pieces that have come our way lately.

I really like the variety plus service and use it all that I can (which is not all that much, unfortunately). I like the attribution labels that NGC uses as well. I only wish that it would be expanded a bit to include other variety references. I say this because most of the coins that I wish to have attributed are Cherrypicker's stuff and not early material. The CP guide simply is inadequate for all of the 20th Century material. Guides such as Wexler & Flynn's, and Wiles (just those authors!) would expand the list quite a bit.

Hoot