• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Saved by the tracking number

10 posts in this topic

Without a tracking number my most recent coin would have ended up in never never land.

Tracker showed expected delivery date 10/26. That didn't happen. Tracker showed the package was at my local post office 10/29. I asked my carrier about it on 10/31, and he was as useless as ever. Well as of yesterday there was no attempted delivery.

Called the post office yesterday afternoon.....surprise....they didn't answer.

Stood in line today for 45 minutes and viola! My package was there.

That's why they have tracking numbers! Don't send or receive your packages without one or the USPS will undoubtedly mess something up!

Glad it worked out for you. I have had my fair share of issues with the post office as well. The last one was them sending my daughters drivers licence back as undeliverable. I have no idea why. She isn't married, same last name as me, and has been receiving mail as part of our family at this PO box since we opened it 10 years ago....weird.

I have never had an issue with my post office.

Although they didn't forward all my Summer Mail

but returned some packages back to the sender.

You need to be proactive with the USPS if you normally

don't receive stellar service.

The tracking number helps sometimes, yes, but you should know - if they lose your package and it is not insured, you're screwed. even if you had tracking on it.

i'm sorry to say i've learned it the hard way :(