• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

what to do with SF Anniv. ASE?

5 posts in this topic

I ordered on the last day available a SF anniversary set. I already had another and I had thought to either send In the set unopened for grading, or just leave them in the box for a future resale investment unopened. After seeing some of the apparent QC issues from others on the sets, I am now not sure if I should do either of the above. What if they have some major defect? If I open the box though, I know I will lose the "grab bag" effect for a quick sale on sleasebay and if I send them in for grading, I am equally unsure of what may be "behind door number one"...

So to borrow from another game show since I seem to.be on that tangent, I would like to"poll the audience".... What would you do?

I ordered on the last day available a SF anniversary set. I already had another and I had thought to either send In the set unopened for grading, or just leave them in the box for a future resale investment unopened. After seeing some of the apparent QC issues from others on the sets, I am now not sure if I should do either of the above. What if they have some major defect? If I open the box though, I know I will lose the "grab bag" effect for a quick sale on sleasebay and if I send them in for grading, I am equally unsure of what may be "behind door number one"...

So to borrow from another game show since I seem to.be on that tangent, I would like to"poll the audience".... What would you do?

That set does not have to be sent in unopened.

You can open it and decide if they will make the grade you want. If they wont, then return them for refund.

Edit: check this thread- http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=5790703#Post5790703

That set does not have to be sent in unopened.

You can open it and decide if they will make the grade you want. If they wont, then return them for refund.

Edit: check this thread- http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=5790703#Post5790703

+1....Also read this, from NGC's Articles.

"IMPORTANT UPDATE: To receive the SAN FRANCISCO EAGLE SET pedigree, the Proof and Reverse Proof 2012-S Silver Eagles must be received in equal numbers on the same submission form. If the Proof 2012-S Silver Eagles are submitted without an equal or higher number of Reverse Proof 2012-S Silver Eagles, they will NOT be eligible for the special pedigree. All Reverse Proof 2012-S Silver Eagles will receive the pedigree by default."