• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

COIN PRIORITIES posted by Wissahickon Collection

9 posts in this topic

• Member: Seasoned Veteran

Mother Nature Has A Way Of Clarifying One's Life Priorities!

As Hurricane Sandy approached the Northeast, my focus was on gathering emergency supplies; insuring the safety of my wife and myself; securing our home; and praying a lot! Coins never entered my thoughts.

In the aftermath of SANDY, I focused on checking property damage (we were both safe); contacting my insurance agent; and checking on friends; and offering up prayers of thanks for us, and concern for those less fortunate. I had not one thought of coins.

As we awaited the return of heat, lights, and telephones, My total effort was focused on getting my wife to safe, secure shelter. Never did I consider the welfare of any coins.

As we finally relaxed in the warmth of a hotel, with the caregivers on-site with my wife, we finally breathed a sigh of relief! After one night, we are back in our home, with utilities restored. I am overwhelmed with a great sense of relief , thanks, and gratefulness that we escaped any serious damage. One of our trees now resides on the lawn of my neighbor. Fortunately, the only damage is to one section of fencing. I offered up a prayer of thanks.

Finally, last night, I relaxed and turned on the computer; and viewed a few coin sites. I looked at a couple of my own coins, and felt my shoulders slump in relaxation. My return to old coin friends initiated a sense of well-being, and a feeling of now you are back home!

The collection provides me with great pleasure and relaxation- a diversion from the stresses of life. But true life emergencies immediately put my priorities in perspective.

GOD BLESS ALL WHO ARE STILL STRUGGLING WITH THIS MASSIVE DISASTER. May you all find safety, and peace returning to your life, very soon!

See more journals by Wissahickon Collection

Wonderful to hear that you fared well and that all escaped (and returned) safe and sound--Delaware was initially projected as ground zero. Go blue hens !!

PS: also great to see you journaling a bit more frequently- your entries are always "don't miss" reads for me and have been for years...

I wish the victims of Hurricane Sandy all the best and that everyone gets their lives back to order as soon as possible. I have a daughter living in NYC who is well and helping others to pick up the pieces. God Bless.

Gary

Glad all is well for you for and your wife, and hope that the folk's that are gathering to help out the other's in the aftermath of sandy, god bless you all,. Don