• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

"Woodies" (...and what do you think of this one?)

21 posts in this topic

I'm throwing in a couple of her closeups to show you some of what you're missing in her pictures.This belongs to a girl in my kid's coin club. Just tell us what you think of it. If you don't think it's cool, don't worry, she doesn't disgrace easily.

Show us some of your wood-grained cents, too, if you got them. Note, they can be circulated or uncirculated. The only requirement is, you think they're cool.

PS: We're trying to check out the competition.

131431.jpg.e9af156b2c56fce05fc1cbd0a4abfa64.jpg

131432.jpg.129d4b8008657768af4efbfdcac0eed6.jpg

131433.jpg.4bc1aa3dd5b7733c0022239d36d1d04a.jpg

131434.jpg.e403b478e2e2244c7cd10d6813daafad.jpg

Kurtdog; That Cent is way cool with intricate wood graining. I have several wood grained Cents, but no photographs at the moment. Tell the girl in the coin club that the Cent meets with my complete approval.

Below is a coarse wood grain pattern on the obverse of a large cent. I was told last year by several board members that I was pretty dumb to buy this. TradeDollarNut (one of them PCGS Koolaid drinkers) even called me out for choosing poorly my 'dealer'. But I love this large cent and love the coarse wood grain pattern caused by poorly mixed alloy.

Best, HT

1817lcPCGSMS64-1.jpg

Poor girl is hooked for life.

Same effect different color on these. I too have been told by many these coins were a bad purchase. I must say that is one attractive large cent. What a strike and great fields.

DSCN6518-1.jpg

DSCN6519-1.jpg

DSCN6485-1.jpg

Below is a coarse wood grain pattern on the obverse of a large cent. I was told last year by several board members that I was pretty dumb to buy this. TradeDollarNut (one of them PCGS Koolaid drinkers) even called me out for choosing poorly my 'dealer'. But I love this large cent and love the coarse wood grain pattern caused by poorly mixed alloy.

Best, HT

1817lcPCGSMS64-1.jpg

HT, this large cent is BEAUTIFUL.

the reverse is amazingly toned and I actually like the toning pattern on the obverse very much.

Ignore the people who tell you what you SHOULD collect/buy. Anyone who tries to tell you what coins SHOULD appeal to YOU - must be a little soft upstairs.

Some very attractive coins in this post! The Lincoln in the OP's post is very unique

Here's something. These are all 1964 Philly Mints. I took this a long time ago. You get one of these in change, and you go, "Neat, a couple of bucks in silver." Seeing them together, though, I think it's kind of cool.

This is all that rather rustic-type graining, I'm sure many of you have seen. Notice how the lines are "directional" on each. The top two are basically Northeast to Southwest, while the bottom two are basically North to South.

Hey, it doesn't take much to impress me. :)

131455.jpg.18f2db33baaf5d9f2568ae9ebbb3b559.jpg