• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Multicoin holders and Kennedy Varieties.

2 posts in this topic

Sorry in advance for the rather wordy question. Currently, I'm unaware which NO FG Kennedy varieties will be recognized in the new Cherrypickers. Breen assigned numbers to the following dates; 66, 72-D, 82-P (footless), 82-D, 83-P. He also mentioned the 73-P without a reference number. I believe Coneca has taken the position only the abraded die coins are varieties (66, 82-P), and probably rightly believe most of the other coins are the result of clogged dies or die fatigue. Anacs will attribute Breen, but after reading the Variety Plus guide, I'm aware NGC currently will not.

I would like to assemble a correctly attributed no initials variety set in an NGC multicoin holder. Currently, how many coins would be attributed, how many halves can be placed in a single holder, and approximately what would the cost be, assuming all the coins were raw and of varying grades. I see that you attribute the 66, but I'm unaware of any others. Do you have any information regarding the new F/S attribution?

Thanks.

Don

• Member: Seasoned Veteran

Currently, NGC recognizes only the 1966 SMS half dollar as a "No FG" variety, and this is attributed only under our VarietyPlus service. I've seen a listing of new FS varieties, and Volume 2 includes 1972-D but no others. So, this will be the extent of NGC's recognition once Volume 2 is published.

The cost for getting raw coins graded for inclusion in a multicoin set is the same as for individual pieces at the applicable grading tier. With just two coins in the set, the minimum tier would be Early Bird at $28 per coin, plus $7 per coin for variety attribution.