• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Blast from the past - with Bill Fivas and others from NY

8 posts in this topic

Sadly I am at my Dad's house becuase his health is failing, and he is quickly reachig the end of his journey. Hospice is in every other day now, and since I was spending time here I was tasked to go through his papers and find some important documents needed. Why am I here? Becuase I noticed on the wall above his desk was a picture thats been there for years, I never took note of it till today. In the center is a man familiar to many of you here, and a man my dad was good friends with, Bill Fivas. I hear Bill is still kicking down south some place. Anyway the man on the right is my Dad Roy Combs Both Bill and my Dad were very active in the White Plains, NY Coin club. I just thought I would share this photo and remember the good ol' days....

Enjoy

Jim

131113.jpg.35511951862ac0add72264c239e2c126.jpg

Cool picture! Bill is in the Atlanta area. I'll PM you his e-mail address so you can send him the picture and story if you like. I believe he is one of the last people on the planet still to have a WebTV e-mail address.

Thanks for the kind words, my Dad was / is a real character and from the stories take it Bill was too. Thanks for the email address I will send Bill the photo.

I just wanted to say a heart felt thanks to folks like mkman123. The Hospice folks who have been coming to the house for my dad are just so wonderful, helpful and understanding. The family has been taking turns manning the watch for my Dad. I'm the only one in the family who is interested in coins, so I grab a box of coins from my dads desk and sit with him and talk about the things in the box to pass the time. It's therapy for me. I have come across some very interesting things, after we get though all this I'll share some of the more unusual things from his collection of 70 plus years of collecting coins.

Have a great day

Jim